Friday, June 19, 2009

and, here we go...

This is my first blogging experience, and I have to say, I'm pretty skeptical. Not just about my own blogability, but about the whole enterprise of blogging in general. That said, I have also stumbled upon a few blogs in the past year or so (www.omgal.com, www.justsayingblog.com, welcomingspace.blogspot.com, to name a few recent faves) that have really caught my attention. So, I figured I'd give it a try.

I have two main reasons for venturing into this crazy blogosphere (or whatever the cool kids are calling it these days):

1. I'm starting official yoga teacher training this weekend at Baptiste Power Yoga Institute (BPYI: www.baronbaptiste.com) in Cambridge. After over 10 years of practicing yoga, 4+ of which at our incredible studio in Cambridge, plus over 2 years of emotional toil and debate, I've finally just opened up to what I've been searching for all along -- teaching. So, teacher training begins tomorrow, and I figured what better time to find some solace in writing than now?

2. I need to connect. Okay, okay, I know the idea of connection via World Wide Web might seem strange, but really what this is about is wanting to connect to my OWN voice. Through words. Once upon a teenage time, I was the world's most avid journal-keeper. I think I'm missing some of that. So, now that we're in the digital age, maybe I'll find that outlet through blogging.

So there we have it, two pretty straightforward reasons for setting off into the matrixy-weirdness that is the internet. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment